Thursday, September 11, 2014

2nd Week

     I can't believe that we are almost done with the second week of school. I love all that Whole Brain Teaching has already added to my teaching.  The kids seem to be very receptive.  Yesterday, I noticed that they were a bit off and not responding very quickly to the 5 rules rehearsal or any of the Brainies that they have learned this morning.  So, while the kids were at lunch, I realized that I had not marked the scoreboard very much in the morning.  
    My solution, of course, was to step it up in the afternoon and that helped.  I also introduced the Super Improver Wall and they were excited to earn some stars.  After I explained that I was looking for improvement; their behavior showed improvement and they were more excited about doing the Brainies and other fun things.  
    I have introduced several Power Pix and I love the way it is a good way to review skills. I have introduced sentences, fragments, nouns and in math, we have learned about 100s, 10s and 1s.  We are reviewing these almost daily - I need to figure out how to remember to practice every day.  
   I remembered to practice mirrors and mirror words and Teach-ok is really coming along.  I get a great a compliment from my assistant principal - she was doing a walk through in my classroom and said that my classroom management was excellent and that the kids were fully engaged! A 10 finger woo for WBT!
   What is working in your classroom?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment